Human Beings being human are the best part of aviation
Humans ARE aviation
We are the things that innovate, educate, create the community and bring the adventure. We are also the things that sometimes get stuff wrong.
Human Factors, CRM – it is all important – but maybe instead of a focus on human factors, we just need a HUMAN FOCUS instead?
What would that look like?
We think it looks like ensuring humans are always at the centre of everything:
- Writing regulations, procedures, information in a human friendly way
- Pointing out Ops stuff that might catch us out
- Giving guidance on how to do things practically (a sort of show not tell method)
- Talking about the real human things that need talking about – like how to fly with a flighdeck d*** instead of liveware in SHELL models
- Sharing real experience and knowledge gained by real people really doing those things
- Building community and reminding ourselves what’s GREAT about aviation (aviate, navigate, communicate, make it great)
- Refocusing CRM to be more practical and useable
- Remembering that a key thing in safety is FUN!
Things to help Humans
UPRT | June 2 2023
TELL ME: What is UPRT and what does it involve? TAGS: Competencies, Learn and Develop, Safety, Training
Competency Based Training | June 2 2023
TELL ME: CBT from a pilot’s perspective. TAGS: Competencies, Learn and Develop
TEM and You | May 21 2023
TELL ME: A great video resource on Threat and Error Management. TAGS: Competencies, CRM, Learn and Develop
The Lost Flight: A Game | May 16 2023
TELL ME: A strategy game you can print and play, to practice workload management and prioritisation. TAGS: Competencies, CRM, Learn and Develop
The Automation Conversation | May 16 2023
TELL ME: Rethinking how we manage automation’s benefits and risks. TAGS: Competencies, Safety, Training
Have you MET TEM? | May 15 2023
TELL ME: A post about Threat and Error Management: Why, how and what to do. TAGS: Competencies, Safety, CRM
CRM Buzzwords | May 15 2023
TELL ME: A post to use in CRM, to get folk talking and thinking. TAGS: Competencies, Safety, CRM
IFALPA on Fatigue | May 15 2023
TELL ME: A post linking to the IATA/ICAO/IFALPA FRMS manual. TAGS: Competencies, Safety, CRM, Fatigue
Bob’s Guide to Fatigue | May 13 2023
TELL ME: A practical look at Fatigue management. TAGS: Competencies, Safety, CRM, Fatigue
PSC: Intervention | May 7 2023
TELL ME: A post about how to ‘intervene’, with a handy safety card. TAGS: Communication, Competencies, How to do stuff
How to read Accident Investigation Reports | May 7 2023
TELL ME: A post about how to learning from other’s mistakes. TAGS: Accidents, Human Stuff, Safety, Self-Evaluate
A Very PCC Space | May 6 2023
TELL ME: A post about how to Pilot Competencies: Communication, with a handy safety card. TAGS: Communication, Competencies, How to do stuff.